SMEDCO is proud to offer the Métis Nation-Saskatchewan First-Time Home Buyers Program to eligible Métis citizens in Saskatchewan. The program is designed to help Métis citizens overcome the challenge of trying to save sufficient funds that financial institutions require for a down payment to purchase their first home.
“I just wanted to say thank you for your help and understanding during my housing purchase.
My son and I are very thankful for SMEDCO’s assistance in attaining my lifelong dream of owning my own home!”
Prince Albert, SK
Do You Qualify?
18 Years or older
Live in Sask
If you’re a Métis citizen of Saskatchewan, and you’ve never owned a home before, you can qualify for:
- Up to $15,000 towards a down payment, and $2,500 for closing costs
- Referrals to professional services for mortgage lending, realtors and legal advice
- Support through the home-buying process
- Flexibility to obtain a mortgage from any recognized lender
- Flexibility to purchase the type of house that works best for you
The home buying process
- Apply to the FTHBP which includes
- A copy of your Métis Nation – Saskatchewan citizenship card
- A copy of two pieces of valid ID
- A copy of your last 2 years CRA – Notice of Assessments
- A copy of your current pay stub
- A letter stating you are pre-approved for a mortgage
- Approval letter from SMEDCO
- Find a home and make an offer subject to:
- Home inspection
- Once you have an accepted offer
- Notify your mortgage broker or bank
- Complete home inspection
- Complete any other conditions
- When all conditions are removed
- Contact a Lawyer to finalize
- Advise SMEDCO
Ready to apply?
First have take a moment to review our infosheet and checklist to ensure you are ready to apply.
Download Infosheet & Checklist
- SMEDCO staff will help ensure your application is complete
- Your application will be assessed objectively based on the information you provide
Give us a call: 306-477-4350
Or fill out the form below